1/28 : Abbe

>> Thursday, January 28, 2010

This is one step better than leftovers: 2 nights ago, or maybe last night, I made turkey broth to use some turkey legbones with a bit of meat on them. cut the meat off after cooking and put it in the same container. We also had cooked brown rice, and a leftover chicken drumstick, and the scraps from shredding a lot of turnips in the food processor - so I threw those all into the pot long enough to cook the turnips, went back to handing K a tissue for her awful runny nose every few seconds while I waited.

despite being the sick one, she didn't eat any soup - some days she likes it, but not today.

2 comments:

Christine January 29, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

I love simple, homemade soups like that.
Hope K feels better!

Natalie January 29, 2010 at 10:19 AM  

It must be in the air, I feel congested myself. Maybe for dinner before going to bed soup would be good for K. Feel better...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP