Tuesday - Chipotle Called My Name (Ti)

>> Tuesday, January 26, 2010


Seriously... it said "Ti! Ti! You know you want a barbacoa salad!" Since the weather called for more rain, I packed Lentil Soup for lunch and then told myself that if I walked to Chipotle, which is a little ways away, then I would have earned the salad.

I walked.

I ate. I had chips, too.

In case you haven't been introduced to the greatness of Chipotle, the barbacoa is braised, spicy shredded beef. I have it on top of a mound of lettuce with pinto beans, tomatoes, salsa, some cheese, guacamole (there's that green thing again) and a bit of sour cream.

If it weren't for the cheese, sour cream and chips that I scarfed down, it would have been a lot healthier.

I tried to read more of Case Histories but it isn't pulling me in. It's sort of blah. Instead I people-watched.

5 comments:

Christine January 26, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

That dish sounds fabulous.

And the restaurant's facade is so cool looking, too!

Lisa January 26, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

We do not have Chipolte, but it makes me think of a Qdoba. They have a shredded beef that is really yummy.

Natalie January 26, 2010 at 5:28 PM  

Never been to Chipotle but I passed it all the time whenever I go to Barnes and Noble. I've always been curious what they have to offer but never had the guts to stop by. You describe the food soooo good it makes me hungry again.

Tina's Blog January 26, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

Your lunch sounds so good! I wish we had a Chipotle here.

Christine January 27, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

Natalie, we have Chipotle's in NJ? I didn't know that!? LOL.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP