Tuesday, January 26, 2010, Christine

>> Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's nearly dinner time in my corner of the world right now, but I've only just found time now to post what I had for lunch today.


A dear friend of mine** stopped by this morning to say hello, so of course we caught up over a cup of coffee, but then in the blink of an eye it was lunch time. I thought my regular standby of turkey on whole wheat with tomato soup might be a bit ... I don't know... ordinary(?) to serve a friend, so I broke out the skillet and made us a quick, easy, hot lunch:

Quesadillas with grilled chicken and cheddar cheese
Homemade guacamole
Smoky Peach Salsa (from Trader Joe's)

Iced Tea

**This friend and I have been good friends ever since we met at a La Leche League Meeting (breastfeeding support group for new moms) when our now teenagers were babies! I guess you could say we're bosom buddies in the truest sense! LOL! ha ha ha! :o)

3 comments:

Natalie January 27, 2010 at 5:06 AM  

Homemade guacamole is always better than the outside version IMHO because you taste that freshness of the avocado so pure and green.

Christine January 27, 2010 at 6:59 AM  

I like homemade guacamole best, too. You got it right... it tastes so fresh and green, the way it is supposed to taste.

Lisa January 27, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

I'm just happy with a nice avocado, sliced up with a little salt.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP