Sunday, Dim Sum Party, Abbe

>> Sunday, January 31, 2010

Well, that was cool! We organized a homemade dim sum potluck - each person tried to bring one dim sum style Asian appetizer - we had several kinds of dumplings with various amounts of homemade-ness, steamed pork buns, sesame buns, turnip cake, scallion pancakes, ginger tofu soup, fried lotus root, Chinese greens with sauce, custard buns with crunchy "pineapple" topping, and congee. It was a little chaotic in the kitchen since many things needed to be reheated, steamed, or fried before serving but really tasty. I made two dishes since I felt like the host should put in a little extra effort - the turnip cake and one batch of the custard buns.

It was kind of lunch *and* dinner because it was plenty of food.

1 comments:

Lisa February 1, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

I don't know what half those things are, but I think I'd like them.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP