Snow day Monday--Kristen

>> Monday, February 1, 2010

The kids were home and we didn't feel like leaving the cozy confines of the house. So I had the rest of the delicious Broccoli Buttermilk Soup* I made for dinner last night, a handful of cherries that had seen better days, and some plain rice cakes.

*I altered the recipe just a snitch by using only 1 stick of butter instead of the full pound and used three potatoes instead of just two. I happen to have a handy-dandy immersion blender (one of my favorite kitchen tools ever!) so I just pureed the whole pot right on the stove.

2 comments:

Christine February 2, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

I love homemade soup.
I love snow days, too! :)

Kara February 2, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

I can't wait to try this soup!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP