Catching Up... Clover

>> Saturday, February 6, 2010

I keep thinking that I'm updating this daily and then I actually look and I haven't written anything since Tuesday. What fail on my part!

Wednesday - What did I have for lunch on Wednesday? It's not like it was that long ago, why can't I remember? Was it sandwiches again? It must have been. Yes. Ham sandwiches that Oldest didn't like because I accidentally bought peppered ham instead of whatever N normally buys. I had a ham sandwich, an apple and a yoghurt of some kind.

Thursday - I was in a bit of a rush Thursday, so ended up making this chickpea salad and a couple of Nice biscuits. Salad was a mixture of cooked chickpeas, tinned sweetcorn, tuna, taco powder, breadcrumbs, a little grated cheese, and lemon juice. I love it. Usually have it with pitta bread but I seriously had nothing in the house.

Friday - N had an unexpected day off and we ended up having a lovely picnic as a family in our living room. We made ham and cheese rolls and shared some crisps and drank squash. I love picnics. Especially indoor picnics.

Saturday - It was a friend's birthday, and he invited us out for bowling followed by Nando's. I do love Nando's. I had what I always have - a chicken breast fillet burger, mango and lime sauce, no mayonnaise, with cheese and a pineapple. Plus chips and a Coke. It was very good. Next time I might order the corn on the cob just to be a little healthier, but whatever. It was a special occasion.

3 comments:

Christine February 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

Ha! You beat me to it... I was considering doing a similar catch-up on lunches post. ;)

Thursday's chickpea salad sounds delish. I love chickpeas.

Friday's picnic sounds like fun. I have to ask, though, what do you mean when you said you "drank squash?" I'm learning a lot about different food references here on this blog. I'm guessing you live in the UK?

Saturday's grilled sandwich sounds really, REALLY good. Oh wow. I want a bite!

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies February 8, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

Yes, Christine- I do live in the UK! Squash is a concentrated drink.. you have to dilute it with water. Tastes like a watered down juice. Popular with small children. I can't think of any other way to describe it. I don't always remember that we use different terms. I should, I'm American!

Christine February 8, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Yeah, I clicked over to your profile and saw that you live in the UK. ;)

Is it made from squash? Or fruit juices? Or both? I'm so curious. I never heard of that before. I will google it. ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP