Tuesday - Healthy and Vegan (Ti)

>> Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Today I brought a black bean burger and whole wheat bun. I will toast both in the toaster oven here at work and then warm up a cup of tomato soup to round it off. I am trying to live a vegan lifestyle but I am taking baby steps to get there so you may see me slip every now and then.

I really need to invest in a good vegan cookbook but many of them use such complex ingredients. I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I want quick and easy, but tasty. Anyone know of any good ones?

I plan to eat at my desk but afterward I'm heading to the university library to check out what's available.

3 comments:

Lisa February 2, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

I don't know the first thing about being vegan, it seems really hard.

Kristen February 2, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

I definitely couldn't go vegan but I do love certain vegan meals. I have a great recipe for BBQ tofu and edamame that I adapted from the dish I buy at a local grocery store (Earth Fare).

Christine February 2, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

Not even milk, yogurt or cheese? I don't think I could do it!

I would recommend you look into the Moosewood series of cookbooks by Mollie Katzen. I have two of her cookbooks and they're both excellent. I don't think they're vegan per se... but definitely vegetarian.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP